Tuesday 20 October 2015

The "Wildflower Improvise" is Complete!




I love this quilt and am so pleased to have it finished!   I have had an amazing and busy summer and fall enjoying the outdoors and traveling in Canada and Europe.  I decided to spend this year saying "yes" to as many adventures as possible.   This included bike rides in Calgary, Kelowna, Germany, and Austria!  It has been wonderful these past few weeks to re-group in my studio, looking forward to my next travel time. 

Now complete is the Wildflower Improvise Quilt.

These photos contains details of the Free Motion Quilting  that  I did throughout this quilt top.  In this project I focused on one design that I call the "Lollipop" as it compliments the floral theme of the Wildflower Block


 For this project I used a  Pieced Batting.

Here is an edge detail with a binding join that I have developed called My 3 Pin Binding Method.
This method creates a perfect and accurate join everytime!


I hope you enjoy these techniques and are having a wonderful autumn season,
                                                                                                                      Melanie



No comments:

Post a Comment